Posts & rails are made from BlueScope G550 steel featuring a zinc-coated substrate. Both yield and tensile strength of steel have a guaranteed minimum of 550 MPa.
Tensile strength refers to the maximum amount of stress that the steel can be pulled or stretched without breaking. Yield strength is the amount of stress applied before it will deform permanently. Mild steel has an approximate MPa of 250. COLORBOND® steel post & rail MPa is minimum 550 MPa reflecting its high structural strength & performance.
- Available in 3 different heights – 1800mm, 2400mm & 3000mm
- Available in 7 different colours
- 1800mm high posts commonly used when installing with sharkfin base plates of concreting in “rock earth” with 1500mm high finish height panels
- 2400mm high posts commonly used when installing 1500mm & 1800mm high finished height fences where posts are fixed inground
- The “C” post section can be used to create a variety of installation configurations: